Tips for Prevention
· Get a flu shot - The CDC recommends a flu shot for everyone 6 months and older
· Wash your hands
· Avoid contact with your eyes and mouth
· Clean surfaces with a disinfectant
· Avoid those with flu-like symptoms
The Healthy Schools Program
Healthy Schools partners with school districts to bring flu shots directly to your children's school, so your child can receive a flu shot during the school day.
Healthy Schools' no-cost, in-school flu shots:
decrease the likelihood your child will get the flu
decrease the chance of hospitalization
reduce student absences
We're excited to partner with your child's school district to bring no-cost flu shots back to your district in the 2018 - 2019 school year. Add your name to our list to receive more information!
“[Healthy Schools] has been a valuable partner in keeping our students healthy. The flu situation this year emphasizes your importance. The fact that Nassau has not been as impacted (so far) with the flu, may be in part due to your work."
- Andreu Powell, Director of Intervention, Prevention & Safety Services, Nassau County Schools Florida
Advice from the CDC & Families Fighting Flu
Families Fighting Flu
Healthy Schools also recommends the resources of Families Fighting Flu, an organization that works "to save lives and reduce hospitalizations by protecting all children and their families against influenza." Learn more from their resources: